The Director of Product Support & Parts plans, organizes, and controls the activities for the Product Support and Parts departments. The primary goal is to ensure that the product support, warehouse, parts sales, and customer service departments are profitable business channels by improving processes through data and inventory management. Areas of concentration include supply chain management, logistics, dealer support and customer service provided by PSRs and PPSRs, parts sales and marketing strategies and management of financial aspects of the operations department.
|Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Product Support & Parts’ primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversees and manages the technical support and parts product support teams for KIOTI products.
• Measures, evaluates, and improves call center and field service processes.
• Identifies issues related to product reliability and customer satisfaction.
• Manages and improves the knowledge base to increase productivity.
• Evaluates call activities and identifies, communicates, and escalates opportunities for improvement and warranty reduction.
• Implements processes and plans for new products to ensure product technical support readiness.
• Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of budget spending, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and order entry efficiency.
• Exhibits in-depth product knowledge and high level of technical expertise of tractors, UTVs, mowers, and related parts and attachments.
• Presents monthly reports on performance as requested by the Executive Team/CEO.
• Drive the customer support and user experience that wins in the marketplace and achieves financial performance.
• Financial management of product support and parts sales including profit and cost management as well as preparation of company reports pertaining to departmental budget, parts sales, freight expenses, warranty claims and loss management.
• Oversee the establishment of parts program guidelines including dealer stocking programs, parts sales programs, oil programs and the development of dealer special parts sales and marketing programs.
• Manage the daily dealer support requirements for product support, parts customer service and distribution and receiving expectations.
• Reviews and approves the implementation of organizational plans that support the Product Support/Parts objectives and company business plan.
• Establishes objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities.
• Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly.
• Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
• Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
• Coordinates activities of assigned units with those of other company departments. Seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination.
• Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility.
• Oversees performance of managers and provides feedback as necessary, in addition to, annual performance reviews.
|Educational and or Experience Requirements
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Business Management discipline.
• Technical background and knowledge of tractor or automotive parts, processes, and products is highly preferred.
• Affiliation with successful manufacturing or distribution companies.
• A minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing or distribution company, with the responsibilities of product support, purchasing, inventory control, production control, and engineering, as well as shipping, receiving, and warehousing.
• Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills, including principles and people management.
• Knowledge and experience with the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Solomon, CRM and other applications are plus
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Participative management type—advocates team concept.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while recognizing and supporting the organization's preferences and priorities.
• Acceptable communication skills, written and verbal.
• Results-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.