The Technical Purchasing Manager will analyze our current buying systems and create the best processes for day-to-day purchasing operations. This position will be responsible for overseeing our Purchasing and Procurement departments and establishing buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year. Main responsibilities include sourcing, analyzing, and developing new product, whole goods demand planning, purchase orders, communicating shipment schedules, approving freight costs, and managing inventory levels for all company warehouse locations.
|Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Purchasing Manager’s primary responsibilities include the following:
• Focus on developing new products and sourcing components while also analyzing current product.
• Oversee the purchasing and procurement team to maintain records of goods ordered and received to satisfy company requirements.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and make sound judgment calls on choosing the appropriate vendor with the best product availability and terms of sales.
• To provide demand Planning and create purchase orders for all wholegoods items for all North American and Korean vendors
• Provide weekly ETA report for all wholegoods items to management, warehouse, wholegoods, and parts teams.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Update shipment in route report once the commercial invoices and containers arrive.
• Approve freight bills from vendors for payment through KIOTI accounting department:
o Ocean freights
o Fuel Surcharges
o Inland trucking freights
o Chassis Fees
• Oversee inventory level for both warehouse, NC and TX to be proactive in making decisions of transferring inventory.
• Keep inventory items up to date in Solomon.
• Create item numbers for all new items and ensure all information is entered in Solomon correctly.
• Follow up with any changes or updates on wholegoods items.
• Collaborate with sales and finance teams to develop quarterly sales programs for retail and wholesale.
• Develop and improve processes to improve profitability through strategic and efficient supply chain management.
• Forecast and plan purchase requirements based on sales forecasts, trends and operational requirements.
• Manage and direct Purchasing staff and project teams.
• Develop and maintain a viable and responsive supplier base.
• Analyze and report on key performance indicators.
• Interview, hire staff, and oversee staff training.
|Educational and or Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years of related business experience.
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple projects with attention to detail and work collaboratively across functional areas.
• Knowledge of Six-Sigma, LEAN management, and related preferred.
• Approximately 5% of travel involved.
• Personal honesty and integrity.
• Ability to build relationships and skillful in collaborating between interdepartmental personnel.
• Interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Collect, analyze data and present results in a concise, actionable format.
• Ability to manage business processes and troubleshoot issues that may arise.