The primary function of the Distribution and Receiving Associate is to perform order picking, packing, and stock put away duties. Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
|Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, and acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
• Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms used/required by the major freight carriers.
• Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area while following prescribed safety regulations.
• Must be capable of estimating weight to calculate the cost of shipping.
• Familiarity with proper packaging methods to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
• Must be familiar with common material handling equipment.
• Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable.
|Educational and or Experience Requirements
2+ years experience in warehouse distribution.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Experience with the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Solomon, CRM and other applications are plus.
Training Requirements: General Safety, Electrostatic Discharge Awareness, Foreign Object Damage Awareness
Physical Demands: Required to lift up to 50 lbs., regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility
Work performed in a combination of warehouse and office environments.
Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.