||Warehouse- Parts/Receiving Supervisor
The Parts Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for performing parts shipping and receiving, warehouse organization and maintaining accurate inventory. Will work closely and supervise shipping/receiving operators, Purchasing and Wholegoods.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer¡¯s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Will be a back up to the Distribution & Receiving Supervisor and Distribution Center Manager.
|Educational and or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience in warehouse distribution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Solomon, CRM and other applications are a plus.
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Must have a valid driver¡¯s license and a good driving record.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a licensed forklift truck operator.
- Ability to interpret packing slips, enter data into the computer, and acknowledge receipt of the goods in the purchase order and processing database.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs